This week The Environment Agency (EA) have confirmed their approach to dealing with qualifying companies that haven’t complied with the ESOS legislation and submitted their ESOS notifications by the 5th December this year.
In short their approach is that:-
* The deadline for compliance is not moving from 5th December 2015.
* Qualifying organisations that do not comply will be at risk of enforcement action
* EA is not expecting to take enforcement action until after 29 January 2016.
* The EA will be issuing enforcement notices giving 3 months notice to remedy the outstanding compliance actions.
* Organisation that cannot comply fully by 5 December need to inform the EA, giving detailed reasons why.
A full explanation of the rule and regulations can be found at their Enforcement and Sanctions – Guidance document – http://bit.ly/1ZtYJzW